The lining is accomplished within existing right-of-way and with no coupling worry because the liner is one continuous section. Forget about whether to push or pull a liner into place: use a Spirally Wound Pipe produced in the diameter needed for the repair at the exact length and no waste. Many feet of pipe is produced from one reel of material so cost of shipping is less than factory manufactured pipe.
The Spirally Wound Pipe system is based upon a special extruded plastic profile. This profile has a smooth inside and a T-ribbed outer surface with interlocking edges. When fed through the winding machine these edges lock together and glue is used as a secondary lock. While the general “T” configuration remains the same, profiles vary in thickness and weight to produce liners that meet performance criteria and diameters. The Spiral Wound Pipe profiles are made from Polyvinyl Chloride (P.V.C) compounds and when used with proven sealants and cements, a liner of high integrity is ensured.
The system is backed by exhaustive testing and evaluation by some of the most prestigious and acclaimed testing and accreditation institutions.
- Constructed from PVC. When used with approved sealants and cements, the liner is projected for 80 year performance.
- Various profile dimensions. We can meet exact performance criteria and diameter.
- Due to friction coefficient of PVC, there is generally no loss of hydraulic flow ability of rehabilitated pipe.
- Manufactured on-site to the exact length needed. No waste and less shipping charges than factory manufactured pipe.
- Less disruption of traffic vs. a complete replacement.
- Meets ASTM F1741 for installation of Machine Spiral Wound PVC Liner ASTM F1697 specification for PVC liner.